Skip to main content

Featured

Eco-Champion: How to lead a sustainable lifestyle

Sustainability is all about making choices that help preserve the planet and its resources for future generations. There are many ways that individuals can make sustainable choices in their daily lives to help reduce their environmental impact.   One simple way to be more sustainable is to reduce energy consumption. This can be done by turning off lights and appliances when they're not in use, using energy-efficient appliances, and unplugging electronics when they're not being used. Another way to reduce energy consumption is to use public transportation, carpool, bike, or walk instead of driving alone.   Another important aspect of sustainability is reducing waste. This can be done by recycling, composting, and avoiding single-use plastics. It's also important to buy products that are made from sustainable materials and are produced in an environmentally friendly way.   Another way to be sustainable is by consuming less meat. Livestock farming is one of the big

Dollar store hacks 3 - Give those frames a new look

If you are following my blog, you must be knowing that I love to shop in dollar store to do my DIY items. The other day when I was in dollar store I saw a huge collection of frames all for just 1$. They were nothing fancy, but anything can be made fancy with just a few tricks.

So I bought 3 big frames that they had. I wanted to hang these frames in my dining area. I didn't want to hang it as such, so I bought a rose gold color spray paint. I love love the rose gold color. They instantly make anything look super rich. I also had a handmade paper with me which I wanted to put it in the frame.

So here is the step by step process of how I converted the cheap dollar store frame to something that looks like it is bought in pottery barn.

STEP 1:

Buy Dollar store frames:



STEP 2: Remove the frame carefully, and save the paper that comes with the frame.


STEP 3: Use the rose gold spray paint nd paint the frames


STEP 4:

I got this handmade paper in an exhibition which I loved. I wanted to use this in the frame. So instead of getting a picture frame, I used this paper that had amazing texture to it in the frame.

so I just cut a small rectangle of the handmade paper and stuck on the white side of the paper that came with the frame.



STEP 5: Put the paper back to the frame and Tada!


This is how it looks in the dining hall! I love it. What do you guys think? leave your comments below!


Total cost Just 1 $ :)

here is the youtube video on how I did this. watch, like and subscribe :)


Comments

  1. I love what you did with the frames! I may try this for my office area!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes please do and you can post a picture in my fb page

      Delete
  2. Such a cute idea! Running to the dollar store now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute project, and amazing that it only cost you $1! I'll come back for more ideas, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing ur thoughts...:)!!!!

Popular Posts